The preschool office is closed during the summer months.
We will continue to check our mailbox at the parish office and e-mails on a weekly basis. Contact Julie at email@example.com
At this time, all of our preschool sessions have been filled for the Fall.
All payment agreement forms and initial payments/EFT forms must be received by June 1. Families choosing the monthly payment option will have their first payment drafted in July. Monthly EFT payments are scheduled for the first Friday of the month.
- August 21 — Preschool Parent Meeting 6:30 p.m. in Steinhausen Center.
(At least one parent is asked to attend this important meeting.)
- August 23 — Preschool Open House ~ anytime between 8:15 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
(Adult & child attend together, please allow about 15-minutes for your visit.)
- August 24/25 — First Days of Preschool
**A complete calendar is available on the parish website **
Download the Summer Newsletter
Preparing Your Child for Preschool
Many parents have asked how to best prepare their child for preschool. Current research is showing the importance of unstructured play (especially outdoor play) in a young child’s development. Every competency important to school success is enhanced by play (abstract thought, early literacy, language development, mathematic thinking, perspective taking, social skills and emotional health). Other things to consider over the summer include:
- Introducing your child to simple chores
- Encouraging self-help skills and turn-taking
- Ensuring your child has some experience away from mom & dad
- Allowing your child to practice bathroom independence and hand washing
- Providing time for your child to experiment with scissors, crayons and glue sticks
- Limiting screen time, especially before bed
- Finally, we have found that one of the best ways to prepare your child for preschool is one of the easiest – spend some time reading and praying with your child daily!
Continue to watch the bulletin and website for new information. Enjoy your summer!